Finding our feet - weeks 12 - 14


So, the fitness regime is well on its way and gaining momentum with the DVD being used most mornings; the walks are increasing in speed and duration as I desperately search for pavements to take the buggy on around the two local villages; and I have also now added cycling to the mix by using the turbo trainer in the garage to burn off extra calories, which reminds me that I must update the music on my iPod – way out of date!

BB has started to make changing her nappies more challenging as she has now found her feet and keeps grabbing them with her hands. It is hard to be annoyed when she is so happy with herself at her new acquired skill, even when I am in a hurry to get to an appointment. One of which is her last session with the Osteopath, who is happy with BB's progress and discharges her from any more treatment. This is a massive relief, even though BB was coping better with the treatment she still seemed a little unsettled afterwards. But I am glad that we stuck it out as I was sure that BB's birth must have had some affect on her.

After BB's first lot of jabs I felt more prepared for the second lot. She didn't seem fazed by going back to the surgery and was happily sitting on my lap as I talked with the nurse. We were her last appointment of the day so she seemed more relaxed and chatty than last time. She admitted to me that this was the worst part of her job but she was impressed again at how well BB coped with the jabs. Even though there were a few tears, BB recovered well after a good old cuddle from her mummy.

Having made sure that BB didn't have any side effects from the jabs I decide to see the Doctor to get myself checked out also. I haven't been back for myself since my 6 week check-up and I am keen to find out how my divarication is. I am quite nervous as the Doctor checks my stomach, especially as she seems to be taking quite a bit longer than the other Doctors and Health Visitors who had checked it before. As she checks it over and asks me to crunch up so that she can check it further she finally announces that she cannot feel a gap at all. No gap! I am so relieved! I had explained to her the various exercises that I had been doing and she seemed pleasantly surprised with the results. She tells me that what I am doing is clearly working so to keep at it. This news really helps me to turn a corner on my own health and I feel as if I am truly getting back to my old self.

I also finally arrange a catch-up lunch with some of my work colleagues (having had to cancel on them a couple of times before) and then pop into the office afterwards. This was very strange indeed. I suddenly felt as if I had been sciving off and was being brought back to see the headmaster. It was really nice to see everyone and to see that not much had really changed around the office, except for the fact that there was a new person at my old desk!! Thoughts invariably turn to when I'll be back there, and although I still have another eight or so months of maternity leave left I can't quite believe that four months have already gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment